Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Happenings

WOW! Isn't this a busy time of year. I have all my Christmas presents wrapped, and sent. My grandchildren receive theirs today. I wish I could be there to see how excited they are. At 7, 5, and 2 they love everything about this time of year. They sing, dance and almost jump right out of their skin with excitement. This " Grama" listened very carefully to them. The 2 boys have Tommy the Train. ( track, trains, accessories, and DVDs.) I know my son (Rob) will have fun with this because he still likes to play with his kid's and their toys. This time of year he and Shawnna ( daughter-in-law) will have some time to spend with them playing and having fun.

I am so glad to have a granddaughter. She is the first girl in the family. It is such fun shopping for all the "girl" things. I found her the prettiest outfits ( all shades of pinks). I also found jewelry that she can put on herself and some cute Disney accessories. Of course since she is so bright I also included DVD games. Both she and her brother play a lot of games. I think that helps with eye and hand coordination. As an elementary teacher and counselor I know how important that is.

My youngest son James will be home for Christmas and am really looking forward to that. He is such a lot of fun and we have a great time when he is around. Last week we went to Cheyenne,WY for lunch at the new Olive Garden with him. I had the portobello mushroom ravioli and it was delicious. My favorites are Spanish and Italian foods. Also anything I don't have to cook is in the top 10.

For Christmas I am making the traditional Poticia from our family recipe. My sons like this so much that they have both learned how to make it. I also have to admit that theirs is as good as mine. It is fantastic to have good cooks in the family. However after Christmas I will be back on my Slender FX and Projaba Slims. Those really work for me. I have also not been going to Curves. I miss that and NEED that. I will be there on Dec. 26th. Can't wait till New Years!

I hope your holidays are full of peace, blessings, and joy.

Pamala